Congratulations on your purchase and thank you for giving Draco Ferrous a home. We’re guessing you’re wondering how it all fits together, hopefully, this will help…
01. First job. Decide where you are going to put him & fix the bracket in place. Whatever you fix it to needs to be solid and preferably high enough to prevent accidental damage to children, pets or unruly drunks. Make sure the tube is as vertical as possible or Draco will sulk & insist on facing the same way all the time.
02. Pic 01 shows you most of what you’ll need. The bolts, nuts & washers are supplied, you’ll need to find a 10mm Spanner & a 4mm Allen Key (that’s a worn 3/8″ Wrench & a 5/32″ Allen Key if you’re out West). You may also need a friend, strong coffee (avoid alcohol until you’ve finished) & a comprehensive knowledge of swear words.
03. Find the discs as shown in pic 02, stage 1. That’s the 2 with 8 Bolt holes and the one with 4 bolt holes & 4 long slots. You’ll also need the East & West arms, 4x 25mm bolts, 8 washers & 4 nuts to complete stage 1, as shown in Pic 3.
04. Take disc 1, the one with 8 holes & 4 long slots, and slot the upper hooks on the East & West arms into the holes that are shown square in the pic. Then place disc 2 (The other one with 8 holes) on top, ensuring that the holes shown square are facing North & South (Pic 4). Use the 4 bolts in the outer set of holes but don’t tighten them up all the way, you’ll need a bit of “Play” later.
05. Insert disc 3 ( 4 bolt holes & 4 slots) above the lower hooks in the East & West Arms (Pic 5.), using the shorter slots in the disc.
06. Moving on to stage 2. You’ll need the North & South arms, the disc with 4 bolt holes & no slots & the 4x 40mm bolts along with 8 washers & 4 nuts (Pic 6).
07. Slot the hooks in the North & South arms into the holes that are shown square in the pic in the top disc of the stage 1 assembly. Make sure that you have the orientated correctly, otherwise you’ll have to take it all to bits again later to correct it! Place the disc on top & insert the 4 bolts into the 4 remaining holes, don’t tighten them up yet! It should look like pic 7 now.
08. You should have one disc left over. Place it on the bottom of the assembly, making sure that all 4 hooks on the arms are seated in the square holes (that aren’t square in your disc but are in the pictures). Insert the 30mm bolts through the 2 lower discs (Pic 8) and tighten them up. This should pull everything into line & then you can tighten the 8 bolts in the top 3 discs. Nearly there!
09. Remove the last two bolts (from step 08) but don’t lose them, you’ll need them again in a minute (don’t lose the bottom disc either, you need that too), clamber up your ladder & slide the whole assembly onto the bracket that you installed way back in step 01. Rotate it until the North arm points North (Or anywhere you choose if you fancy confusing the migrant bird population) and reinstall the 30mm bolts through the bottom 2 discs & the bracket & tighten them up (Pic 9).
10. Finally put plenty of grease on the spindle (or it’ll squeal and grind) then back up the ladder & slide it into the bracket. Job done, time for that drink!