Client couldn’t shut the gate as it was sagging, so the dogs kept getting out. We can’t have that!
It was a long gate with no diagonals in it, causing it to droop. A situation not helped by the the fact that the concrete holding the post was moving in it’s hole. Client didn’t want to go to the trouble (& expense) of correcting a catalogue of little problems, so we went for making it work and added a wheel to the droopy end.
The customer liked our Draco Ferrous fire pit but wanted something a bit bigger that they could cook on. They also needed a spark screen as they live in a built up area. So we came to an agreement where they sourced the pit & we up sized our Dragon & altered him to fit their pit.
Sorted! Just needed to drill 2 holes in the customer’s pit for the wing tips.
The request was “Can you make me something like this but saying “Avondale Arms”?The answer was “Yes”.We made one for ourselves whilst we were at it. We have plenty more scrolled ironwork in stock, get in touch if you need a pub sign too!
Now, there’s a question you have to think about before answering!
Turns out the chap had a seat that had been removed from Wimbledon Football club’s stadium before it was demolished. It had been one of a pair that had been fixed to a concrete terrace but had been removed and inartistically separated from it’s twin with an angle grinder. He wanted to be able to sit on it again.
Challenge accepted. Client wanted to keep as much of the original frame as possible, so we started by cleaning up all the sharp edges left by the previous butchery then welded a stiffener into the support that had been cut. Then a 25mm square box section frame was constructed to hold it all up.
A lick of paint and the plastic seat parts refitted & we’re good to go. Commemorative plaque installed at the owner’s request.
The request went something like “I’ve got this Flight Case for my Amplifier. It’s got a hinged lid and I want to take the hinges off & add catches so that I can remove it completely, then turn it upside down so that what was the lid becomes the base & what was the base becomes the lid. Then I need to put wheel onto what was the lid but is now the base so I can move it around easily. Oh, and remove the internal dividers”. No problem.
The “before” pictures.
First problem, once the case was turned over the handles would be upside down. Initial idea was to remove the handles & refit the other way up but they would have been too near the bottom and the case would have been top heavy, so the end panels came out completely and were replaced upside down.
Next replacing the hinge with catches. Simply a case of drilling out the rivets to remove the hinge. Fitting the catches was a bit more involved, requiring measuring up, marking out and setting about with drill, Hacksaw & Jig saw before drilling out & riveting in the shiny new ones.
And finally the wheels. Luckily there was a rivet hole in each corner that lined up with a bolt hole in the castor, just a case of drilling out the rest & bolting everything together.
Ready to Rock n Roll. Toolbox is the name of the band by the way, not a description of the case.